Achieving More With Less: Lean 6 Sigma for the Public Sector
Venue:Public Affairs Ireland
Location:25 Mountjoy Square East
PricePAI Subscribers Price: €325.00
Single Delegate Price: €395.00
In recent times, the public sector is experiencing huge pressure due to the combined effects of reduced staffing and budgetary cutbacks. Therefore those working within the public sector must ensure maximum efficiency in their working environment in order to deal with these changes. A very successful method of achieving this is by applying the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Lean Six Sigma is a management strategy which aims to improve an organisation's output by examining its’ processes. As a management tool, Lean Six Sigma seeks to minimise inefficiencies in these processes.
At the core of this approach is the idea that all processes can be:
- Measured- to identify areas for improvement and to ensure that any improvements or changes can be recorded
- Analysed- to establish the causes of change and variation within processes
- Improved- once deficiencies have been measured and analysed, tools from Lean Sigma can be used to make improvements
This seminar will look at Lean Six Sigma in the context of the Public Service and cover:
- The need for and importance of process improvements in the Public Service
- Practical Lean Six Sigma public sector case studies
- Giving staff a tool kit which they can apply to all processes and procedures to drive efficiency
- Avoiding pitfalls such as lack of staff empowerment and returning to old practices