PAI Online Learning: Effective Report Writing
Duration:Self-paced, (up to 4 weeks)
PricePAI Subscribers Price: €175.00
Single Delegate Price: €195.00
The ability to impart clear and concise information in writing is an essential requirement for anyone working in the public sector and is one of the components of the PMDS personal effectiveness cluster.
The aim of this highly practical online tutorial is to help participants to write clear effective reports that are well planned and clearly structured. The online course will show participants how to ensure that the message in their reports is delivered effectively and persuasively to the target readership.
This course will be of interest to a wide range of people in the civil service, the health sector, state agencies, local authorities, libraries and archives, education, regulatory authorities, public services, representative bodies and associations and professional services firms. They may for example be in communications, liaison and information roles, or in audit or corporate governance or legal roles. It will also be of benefit to people in research and policy advisory roles.
During this course, participants will learn how to:
- Plan a report by focusing on the target audience and the objective
- Select and structure relevant information to ensure the report flows logically
- Write and present complex subjects clearly and concisely, using plain English
- Present conclusions and recommendations clearly and unambiguously
- Draft and edit efficiently
- Proofread to ensure a professional, effective, error-free report
- Use helpful tools and find useful resources
By the end of the online course, participants will have an understanding of how to:
- Create strong, readable reports that meet the needs of their target audience
- Use professional techniques to plan, write and edit reports
- Write with clarity, simplicity, brevity – and confidence
- Use plain English with a professional tone
- Make complex information comprehensible
- Use visual aids effectively
- Ensure reports look accessible and reader-friendly
- Edit and proofread their own material
How to register
To register for the course or make an enquiry, please download the brochure or contact Public Affairs Ireland on 01-8198500 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note by registering, you agree to our terms and conditions.
If you have any enquiries regarding e-learning please contact email@example.com